When I
start to look for information online for my project, I would first surf the
GOOGLE search engine and hoping that it would bring me to the suitable and
useful web pages. However, GOOGLE not always works in finding the most suitable
webpage for me. Instead, now I find a new way to get useful information
efficiently. In fact, I didn't know about the existence of del.ici.ous before attending
the writing for new media course (haha how stupid I am).
Delicious
(formerly del.icio.us) probably is one of the most
well-known social bookmarking services which has been subscribed by lots of people. As it is a rich resource with enormous amount of tagged sites to
access. You just
have to click on the Delicious button, and then the site would be tagged and added to your personal list, as well as the del.icio.us library. Yes! It is just that simple! The
tagged pages can be easily recovered by other users by
using common tags. In case you have no idea how to make good use of this tool, go have a look at this article - How to Use Delicious: The King of Social Bookmarking.
(Photo credit: themelib.com)
Actually,
like I said, search engines cannot even compete with social bookmarking, as it
is a service that is user-generated and
powered by the tagging
of users. Besides bookmarking the sites as users would for themselves, at the same
time, sharing them through centralized services. You may even leave useful notes
to other users for reference. It is a simple yet
powerful form of online collaboration which supplies information from
the bottom up.
So what are you waiting for? You should experience this new tool yourself right away! But don't forget to give me feedback on this :) !
So what are you waiting for? You should experience this new tool yourself right away! But don't forget to give me feedback on this :) !

I noticed Delicious quite a while ago along with some other social tagging/ sharing tools but I don't really know the exact use of it until I study this course - writing for New Media.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, just like you, I usually only use the Google search engine for finding information to do my assignments. Delicious is now surely the site I would use more because it is more time efficient and information there is very useful. The power of the people; of online collaborations, haha.
Yeaaa, it is a great tool, isn't it?
DeleteYa me too,I didn't know Delicious before till Christoph introduced to us haha. You are right about it, it is indeed a very powerful tool and it is less commercial than Yahoo or Google search engine, which is even better! :)
ReplyDeleteI guess we have to thank Dr.Hafner haha!
Delete