Friday, September 28, 2012

Togther as one

Instagram is one of my favourite mobile apps, with no doubt, it has changed my habit and mode of photo sharing.  More importantly, it allows me to apply filter effects, which definitely make my photos look even more stunning. What's more, Instagram itself is actually a social network that i can share photos with other Instagram users. It is astonishing to know that it has already produced over 150 million uploads since 2010.
 
 
I have to admit that I am addicted to this app because of its unique filter effect and sharing function. And I spend less time on Facebook after this app has launched.
 
 
 
But I heard an amazing news few months ago, that Instagram has been acquired by Facebook officially( Instagram+Facebook).  The CEO of Instagram claimed at his blog saying that ' The Instagram app will still be the same one you know and love. You’ll still have all the same people you follow and that follow you.You’ll still be able to share to other social networks. And you’ll still have all the other features that make the app so fun and unique,' yet, I haven't found any new and distinct functions added to it.
 
 
Instead, the layout of Instagram has changed, in a good way? Or a bad way? Errr, personally, I have to say I'd prefer the old style with simplicity. Now, it looks just the same as the new Facebook layout (which I don't like it neither).                                        
 
                                      
 
 
Now, the Photo grids of Instagram appear larger, with Infinite scrolling, so you don't have to tap “load more” when browsing photos(it's a good thing though).
 
 
What's more? There are actually users comparing the differences between the Instagram for Andriod and iSO, including the interface,the process of taking and sharing photos. Well, if you are a huge fan of Instagram (just like me lol), it is a must-watch video (don't forget to read the comments!) before you decide which new phone to purchase.
 
 
 
The CEO of Instagram has also probably pointed out the reason why we are so obesessed with this app. 'You can now much more easily access photos you and others took months or even years ago.But really photos get more valuable as time goes on, they become points for nostalgia. We want to let you browse those photos in a fast and efficient manner, and we realized that the way to organize them wasn’t time, but location,' said Kevin Systrom.
 
 
I hope you guys love my sharing :). Stay tuned and see you next time .
 

2 comments:

  1. I miss the old interface of Instagram. The whole layout changed a lot that it's not like the instagram we know anymore. Infinite scrolling you mentioned is perhaps the only improvement after update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Though we don't like the new transformation, we are still using it, haha it is just too irresistable.

      Delete